Monday, August 22, 2005

I still walk the earth.

It's been awhile, I know. Does anyone care? The funny thing is installed a counter right before I took almost a month off from this blog and more people stopped by. Maybe they like the idea of me writing but not the actual writing. Anyway, here are a few updates:

The book a week thing I was trying to do, didn't work. Still haven't really finished the first one I started. I'm reading 3 books beside that one as well as 4 or 5 magazines.

I decided that I needed to read more books on story and chose to put down the screenplay books. I think I have a good grasp on those as I have read tons. Personally I think my weakness is in story development. So I have started reading books on that subject.

Also, I finished the first draft of my short screenplay, Connected. I like the way its come along but I know it needs whole lot of work. I'm also starting another short script as well as a outlining a feature. So there you have it. Maybe after I'm done with the second draft I'll post a scene or two to see what you guys think.

6 Comments:

At Thursday, August 25, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I care and i can't wait to read the draft of your screenplay!

 
At Friday, August 26, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I detest McKee but I keep passing his Story book at the library, it's calling my name. Then I read the script of Adaptation recently (looking for a Kaufmanesque scenario) and there's the scene with him and McKee. It's a sign, I may as well read it

 
At Saturday, August 27, 2005, Blogger andrew m. said...

i DON'T care, but i'll still read your blog crudd. i REALLY don't care...

 
At Saturday, August 27, 2005, Blogger Cecil E. Rudd said...

Alica:
You will be yr first to read my screenplay.

The Moviequill:
The Story book has been on my list for the past two years. I got up to page 234 and then quit. I learned a lot from those pages, but it was just to dence. I will get back into it someday....

Andrew M:
I know I'm doing good when you don't care. When you start caring, then, I have a problem.

 
At Sunday, August 28, 2005, Blogger JimMiller said...

The McKee book was the first screenwriting book I read. I loved it, even though parts of it were too dense. I just skimmed over those parts. I plan to read it again soon to see if any more of it makes sense.

 
At Monday, August 29, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First...Just for the record my name is spelled Alicia, I would think you would know that by now

Second...I feel so special that I am going to be the first to read!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home