Friday, July 15, 2005

Burning the midnight oil.


Last night after not being able to stay asleep, I decided I would use my time productively and knocked out 4 pages from my Connected script. Everything is coming along just right. Writing with a outline sure does help. Even with the outline I still find out new things about my characters that I didn't know. It's fun when a character you thought was just going to have a few lines develops into something totally different.

Part of the script takes place in a taxi cab. I didn't think the driver was going to say much, but as I was writing it I just kept placing dialogue in that characters mouth - or he just kept talking however you look at it - and it make the story a lot better.

I also did a little more writing on my outline for Larry. All in all, this was a very productive night. Hope to have more!

2 Comments:

At Monday, July 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just putting dialogue in their mouths...excellent. I find myself doing that too. If I am on a roll I just let them go on a verbal tear, who cares about all the white space, let them say what they have to say and put in the action beats etc later

 
At Monday, July 18, 2005, Blogger Cecil E. Rudd said...

I'm pretty sure I'll have to cut most of it, but it was good hearing what they had to say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home