Monday, August 22, 2005

Podcasting

When it comes to collecting information, what kind of person are you? If some one wanted you to take a look at something, what would be the best way for them to get the message to you? Would it be visual? Having you look at a tape or DVD? Maybe you could presses the information better if you listened to it. If those don't work, maybe you reading the information will do the trick. Me, I'm more of a watch or listen kind of guy. Lately I have been looking for some podcast on the subject of screenwriting. The first one I came across was, Sam And Jim Go To Hollywood. Their podcast is full of energy and good tips on things from Character, to how to handle a pitch meeting. There are only 11 shows and I have listened to all of them and would give this a podcast an A- only because the last show, Voices in out heads, was just weird. They said they didn't plan the show and maybe they should have.

Another podcast I like is the Creative Screenwriting magazine podcast. Right now this one only has 3 show as of now but has the potential to be a very good podcast. I also listen the Treatment from KCRW. This by far is the best of the few I've listened to. Another one is Spike Lee's Inside Man podcast, which is also very good. Are there anymore?        

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 23, 2005, Blogger JimMiller said...

I just realized I'm stupid. I've linked to 'Sam and Jim' for a while, but never got around to listening to their podcasts. Just couldn't find the time. It just now occured to me I could listen to their podcasts on my iPod shuffle during my lunchhour workout.

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005, Blogger JimMiller said...

Check out Screenwriters Podcast. Fun Joel mentioned them the other day. I haven't listened to any yet, but some of the descriptions sound good.

 
At Wednesday, August 24, 2005, Blogger Cecil E. Rudd said...

Yea, the Sam and Jim podcast is very good. Thanks for the Screenwriters podcast.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home